Wish I could say this was an isolated incident, but I’m losing my memory faster than dad’s losing his teeth. Here’s a glimpse of how my memory is wreaking havoc on my life:
- I show up on the wrong day for doctor’s appointments and blame it on my damn iPhone calendar.
- I get half-way through my shower and forget whether or not I washed my hair.
- I forget I’m cooking. I have to set a timer-alarm to remind me there’s food on the stove;
except I usually forget to set the alarm.
- I forget what the kids asked me a minute ago. What’d ya say, you young wiper-snapper?
- I never remember where I’m driving. If it weren’t for my lovely Australian GPS man, I’d be wondering the streets of neighboring towns wondering if I was late for something.
Or my personal favorite: the one where you forgot something at the beach – frantically digging in the sand – I’m pretty sure I left the baby here a minute ago…
Please support me with your honesty.